Monday, April 23, 2018

Do You Hear Me?
by DC 4/23/18

In the morning when I am alone and left thinking about my life, I see so many failures. So many sorrows. There are truly things I’ve done right, but oh so many I’ve done wrong. 

My heart longs for the only peace I’ve ever known. Please Lord watch out for my kids and grands. Let them not suffer the way I have. Bring them to you in spite of me. 

I search for you and your found when I call out for you. There you are in between the depths of despair and the valley of hurt. It’s where you met me the first time so many years ago. The place that gives me peace in spite of me.

Remind me to stay grounded in you. To keep my eyes on you. To see you as The Way not in the way. Father sometimes I’m just any good at handling my life. I make mistakes and I fall. But Lord I want to fall into your arms. 

The only peace comes when I submit to your ways and acknowledge that your my reason to live. You Lord saved me not only from my past but from my own desires to self destruct. You know the wire that needs to be cut so the bomb doesn’t activate. 

Living with sorrow and coping bring me to my knees in surrender to you. Often times I search for you in the pain and you are there. You see me and wait for me to call out your name. Lord there is none like you. Keep me close and guard my mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment