Saturday, March 3, 2012

So Tell Me..

So tell me something? Did you ever crave someones attention so much? I did. I craved my parents. I never felt like I had it really. I did well in school, I was obedient. I for the most part was a good kid. Never got in trouble .. loved my parents or maybe it was that I tried to do whatever I could for them to love me. To show me what that meant. It was scary ... life wasn't easy at all.

We moved so much, and we never had stability that I remember. But I think those things helped drive me to be who I am now. It showed me who I didn't want to become either. I truly never wanted children because I had a fear that I had no idea how to love or be loved, and I didn't want them to ever feel the way I felt. Still do sometimes. What you do to your children can have a life long lasting effect on them. It can stunt them in so many ways.

About this time my father was selling cars. I loved going to his car lot because it was cool. If we helped we got to have a soda from the machine. He called his business 30/30. His motto was 30 days or 30 miles .. that is all he would guarantee his sales for. When my father was working it seemed that he had a different idea about his children. I am not sure it was much different but maybe my memories are fuzzy with time. I really am not sure I would have called him a good provider though.

My family did some things that typical families did then .. go to Lakeside Amusement Park and Elitches. We went to different places. He took us to Tiny Town. I loved that place. I don't have a lot of good memories of my father but there are a few that stick out. It was a winter break and again a spring break. But we went to this friends house of his or my mothers.. anyway it was a fun place. We went sledding in the winter right from their back yard. We had hot cocoa and laughed a lot. I don't remember much but that the sledding was really fun. There was no yelling or fighting just fun. Everyone got along. Then the spring one we went to the same place .. there we gathered eggs from the chickens. Now we were from the city and had never been around them. I am not sure how old I was but I don't think it was older then 10. They told my sister and I all you do is shoo the chickens from the pen? and get the eggs. What we didn't know was that we shouldn't leave the gate to the pen open. So as we were getting the eggs the hens were leaving the coop. Then we had to chase them back in. What a site that was. LOL. Us city kids trying to chase chickens into a small place.. Its one of the good memories I have. So I cherish it and think of it fondly.

We do not remember days; we remember moments.  ~Cesare Pavese

We must always have old memories and young hopes. ~ Arsene Houssaye

1 comment:

  1. Cling to good memories and make some more. Wanna come out and chase chickens?! ;D

    ReplyDelete