Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Aunt Carole

Good morning,

Today I was thinking and looking at the snow. We live in Wyoming where we do get snow but we also get wind. The wind can gust up to 75 mph. That makes it really cold. My grand children don't mind it so much. But I do. The older I get the more I don't care for the way the wind seems to go right thru me.

When I was little I remember growing up in Denver. I don't think the wind was as bad there. But funny how the older you get the memories seem to fade a little. Or we just know that life goes on, perhaps we no longer think about the cold, or the snow, or the wind. I think that is also like life. The older I get the more the bad memories seem to dull in my mind.
Of course they are still there. Some are triggered by a smell, or a color, or a picture, or could be anything. But as an adult I try to keep the bad memories in the back of my mind and instead remember the good ones. I have very few good memories as a child. But I do remember my Aunt Carole. She is my mother's youngest sister. I love her. She always seems to be there with a beautiful smile. She lives over 1000 miles away and a few years ago I was able to see her again.

I had only met her once before that was when I was 12. I kept in touch with her though. Sending her cards, pictures, notes.. I kept in contact with her as I had my children. I was so excited to see her in person again. I love how sometimes you can meet some one and know that they are some one you will always know or always want to know. I love how you can just have a conversation with them like they were there all along. Well today I want to say I love you Aunt Carole. Thank you for being you.

3 comments:

  1. <3 Beautiful! I love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Carole is the sweetest! and so are you ♥
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Carole is the best, Dawn! I'm glad you wrote about her.

    ReplyDelete