Saturday, July 7, 2018

I’m awakened by the sound of the birds chirping outside. The shrill voice of the crow is loud and obnoxious. He is not going to be ignored. I hear the other birds with their sing song and it’s beautiful. Isn’t this like the world? When life is going on we often hear the voice that squawks the loudest. 

While I know the other birds make beautiful music sometimes I only hear the crow. The world telling me I’m not good enough. Do this, go here. Follow me because you hear me. It’s not a sound I want to admit I hear. Why? Because when we listen to the world we listen to things that take us away from Christ. 

Last night my autistic grandson could only see and hear the sound of something that bothered him. So he didn’t want to close his eyes. The fear kept him upset. Yet he knew that Christ hears him. He realized that he needed to hear the voice of the one who loved him most.

After praying with him he was still unable to fall asleep. So we asked a friend and her husband to pray with him too. He was able to verbalize some of the things bothering him and together we agreed and prayed for his mind to find comfort in the Lord. 

He needed to hear the sound of the songbird not of the crow. He needed to be reminded that Jesus, the lover of his soul loves him more then anything and that he just needed to still his little heart and listen.  

Today who will you hear? Today let your mind listen to the melody of Christ. Let his music pull you closer. Stop allowing the crow to mask the sweet sound of God in your heart. Listen for the birds of Christ’s words. Verses you know or have memorized. The still small voice that says I’m here. Who will you chose?

There’s within my heart a melody

Jesus whispers sweet and low,
Fear not, I am with thee, peace, be still,
In all of life’s ebb and flow.

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
Sweetest Name I know,
Fills my every longing,
Keeps me singing as I go.

All my life was wrecked by sin and strife,
Discord filled my heart with pain,
Jesus swept across the broken strings,
Stirred the slumb’ring chords again.

Feasting on the riches of His grace,
Resting ’neath His shelt’ring wing,
Always looking on His smiling face,
That is why I shout and sing.

Though sometimes He leads through waters deep,
Trials fall across the way,
Though sometimes the path seems rough and steep,
See His footprints all the way.

Soon He’s coming back to welcome me,
Far beyond the starry sky;
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown,
I shall reign with Him on high

No comments:

Post a Comment