Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Lord’s Prayer

The girls have come to my bed to cuddle and love on grandma. I look at them and see in them my own face with my Grandma Dena when I would get to spend the night with her.

Crawling in her bed and lying snuggled next to her back. Her praying with me The Lord’s Prayer...

Matthew 6:9-13
Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come. Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be the name. (My father who is in heaven, hallowed be your name) Holy, Holy, Holy - sacred is his name. My Father who lives in Heaven.. one day I will see him face to face. My father. Oh my father. A father who hears my cries and longings. Who gives me peace when the world comes crashing down. When the sea feels like I will be swallowed whole.. yes My Father

Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. His kingdom is coming. This place is not my home. I’m passing thru. But yet I call out for his will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. My heart cries for his will in my life. The direction to go. Whether to the left or right. Moving forward or waiting. Lord help me to seek your will. Help me to snuggle and listen to your breathing. Yo know with you it is well with my soul.

Give us this day our daily bread. Lord you always provide. I have never gone to bed without the things my children needed. Lord please do the same for my grands. Let them always know you know the amount of hairs on their heads. Remind them when things look tough that you are there. You see and hear them. You got them if they will look to you.

And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. How many times do I shake my fists at those who have wronged me. Those who I feel owe me? Yes your word says to forgive them. While I believe it doesn’t mean you forget you forgive them. My grandma would tell me she loved me as we would drift off to sleep. I asked her about this before. She would tell me honey we must err on the side of good. Do not cause strife but forgiveness frees you from the evil. Maybe this is what is meant?

And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. Lord guard my mouth and heart. Father be with my grands. Lead them away from the things of the world that could and would destroy them. Deliver us from the evil that surrounds them. Guide them to you. The light. Father when they come and want to talk about life. Father guide my mouth to nudge them towards you. For you are able.

For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. Yes Lord yours is the kingdom and power forever. You Lord hold the power to life. Remind me when I’m tired or want to be alone that the grands need me. Need me to be there. To show you to them. To give them you in all things. To point them to the one True King and kingdom.

Onward Christian Soldier

Onward Christian soldiers!
  Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
  Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
  Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
  See, His banners go!
  Onward, Christian soldiers!
  Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus,
    Going on before.

At the name of Jesus
  Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
  On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
  At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
  Loud your anthems raise!

Like a mighty army
  Moves the Church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
  Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided,
  All one Body we—
One in faith and Spirit,
  One eternally.

Crowns and thrones may perish,
  Kingdoms rise and wane;
But the Church of Jesus
  Constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never
  ’Gainst the Church prevail;
We have Christ’s own promise,
  Which can never fail.

Onward, then, ye people!
  Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
  In the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honor
  Unto Christ, the King;
This through countless ages
  Men and angels sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment