Monday, July 23, 2018

Press on

“Every journey of a thousand miles  starts with a single step” 

I was thinking about this, this morning. If I had to map the amount of steps I’ve taken I couldn’t. If I had to tell you how many times I had to restart or take a redo I also couldn’t do that. But what I can do is keep moving forward. Pressing on towards my ultimate goal, a life completely surrendered to Christ.

Philippians 3:14 
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 

I press ~ 
Press is defined as 
to move by means of pressure, to lay stress or emphasis on, to insist on or request urgently, 
to follow through ... 

Toward ~  
Toward is defined as, 
in the direction of...

The Goal ~
Goal is defined as 
the end toward which effort is directed

For the Prize ~
Prize is defined as ...
something exceptionally desirable

Of the Upward Call ~
Upward is defined as ..
directed toward or situated in a higher place or level, toward the source
Call is defined as ...
to command or request to come or be present

Moving forward is what we are called to do. Don’t get me wrong sometimes I feel I’m being dragged forward other days I’m up and saying walk with me Lord, get me to my next destination.. the next place, the next lesson.

There are days I don’t want to go. I buck it every possible way. I say but Lord why me? Why now? Yet as a Christian I’m called to press on no matter if it’s easy or hard. Press on. Keep moving. One step at a time or hitting the ground running. 

Pressing on - following thru. Moving forward with purpose. What’s your purpose? Do you find yourself stuck? Do you desire a closer walk? Then we must press on towards the ultimate goal of heaven. The prize will be worth it. Maybe we won’t see the prize here. But I believe we see pieces of it. We see Christ when we search for him.

Where do you see evidence of your race? Where do you see Christ? Where is your evidence? I can tell you that my worst days having hope are better then days with none. Listen, open your head, and heart to him. 


And press on towards the goal of Christ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment