Sunday, July 8, 2018

Yesterday I was talking with a beautiful friend who has become family to me. My grands just love their family. Honestly I’m so blessed by them. I can’t ever express how deeply it has touched me to be a part of them.

When my grands wake up they search for me. I was up but laying in bed and my Wren cane in to lay with me. Now I know this is silly but they love to send a morning selfie. So here we are and she’s taking selfies. Then she asks her future traveling buddy to call her. This isn’t unusual as they love talking to them. I’m very grateful they take time to do this.

Z comes in and wants to talk to his buddy. I love that William does this for my grandson. He loves him and listens to him. Sometimes that isn’t easy. But they were talking and Wren wanted to talk, so Z pinched her very hard.

All of the sudden William is looking at Z. Who knows what he did was wrong. Z begins to hide his face and cry. It took only a stern look. It occurred to me this is like the Father.

Now I didn’t grow up with a father who loved me. His way of correction was not a look. It was physically abusive. It always crossed a line. As a direct result of that, I admit I’ve struggled with God as my Father.

I’ve tried to earn his approval, I’ve tried to work for his love. But you see that’s not what it’s about. Its about knowing the difference between right and wrong, not hiding from Him, but crying out to Him when you have blown it. Seeking repentance and being open to correction.

What an analogy. We need not try to hide from the Father, but yes cry out to him and say I’m sorry, meaning it. He loves you. He loves me. He desires us to walk with Him. He wants us to not do the wrong and cry later. He wants us to seek him and listen. When we do wrong He wants us to come to Him. He knows our heart. That look is not only when we do something we shouldn’t, it’s also when we question what He tells us to do.

Don’t let one More Day go by without seeking Christ. Not one more. One of my favorite scriptures is Revelations 3:20 - Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any man opens the door I’ll sup (fellowship) with him and He with me. Today don’t hide from the Father. Cry out and seek him. Come with repentance and an open heart to hear.

My friends.. be blessed you are children of the most high. Your blessed and highly favored. Seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment