Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Romans 15:13

It’s dark outside and I’m sitting in the dark thinking about my day. It is sometimes a crazy life isn’t it? Things don’t always go the way you think they will. Things happen and you have to stand your ground or give up.

Tonight I’ve wrestled with areas I’d like to give up on. Things I want to close and not open because they bring me sorrow and such sadness. Things that I sometimes wish were still stuck in a closet.

Other things remind me of why I have hope. How my grands laugh and love. How they get so excited to see me and listen to my stories. How I can pretend to tickle them and their eyes are wide with excitement.

Tonight though I’m stuck in a deep mode of thoughts. Wondering why things happened and if they will turn around. If somehow the hard things have a true purpose of bringing me closer to Jesus.

I think I’ll sit here for a bit. Praying, thinking and listening to his voice in my dark. Asking him to meet me here now. To shed light there. To bring me back to where I see and hear his voice amongst the dark that sometimes seeks to devour the hope.

 Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment