Friday, July 13, 2018

On Christ the Solid Rock

There is a verse I think about when things just seem harder to me....

Psalm 20:7
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

It can be so easy to trust in things that you can see, or hear or feel. Cars break down, people can be fickle. Life can be hard. There may be days you experience hunger and I’m not just talking physical hunger.

We hunger for acceptance, we can hunger for love from our earthly families, we can hunger for those who are no longer here. We can hunger to have a better life or more success. Yet when we don’t put our hunger in Christ, we trust in things that are temporary not eternal.

I want my trust to be in Christ, the author and finisher of my faith. I want to be so much into Christ that, that’s the first thing people know about me. That it is the single most important part of who I am. It’s me. It’s where my life comes and goes back to.

When things are hard, I want to be known as someone who relies on Christ. I want my grandchildren to know in whom I trust for everything big and small. I want to call upon Christ everyday, every minute, in hard and easy times. My desire is to pass in that trust to my grandchildren so they can stand in Christ.

I want to lean on Christ to keep me in check, and to be led by the prompting of his name. To trust in plan even when others tell me not to. Trust is a hard thing to learn. For those of us who have been abused and left to fend for ourselves. And yet ... trusting in Christ is the best thing I’ve ever done. My hope is built on nothing less .. I will trust in Christ, do you, will you?

On Christ The Solid Rock I Stand

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
 
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

2
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

3
His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

4
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
In Him, my righteousness, alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment