Thursday, July 26, 2018

Providence

Providence - divine guidance or care,
God conceived as the power sustaining and guiding human destiny

Oh that I might be guided by God in my daily walk and decisions. To search for Him and find Him. To know that He is leading me. To understand this Psalm. What a beautiful thing.

The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want. Surely it’s not wrong to want? No it’s not wrong but this to me speaks of need. Meaning He is a good Shepherd and takes care of His sheep. Me. He takes care of me. He meets my needs. Even the ones I don’t know I have. Like a Shepherd he provides and keeps me from the things of the world. But I must listen to and for His voice.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside the still waters. I think back and I see where I needed to rest in him. In the green of growth and miracles of life. He leads me to still waters where my calm is in Him. Where all the wind and waves don’t move but the stillness of seeking Christ. Yes!

He restores my soul. He comes to me in restoration waiting for me to listen. Waiting for me to say Lord here am I. He restores my soul in the dark. Like our skin rejuvenates he does this for my soul. Peeling away death and showing me his life. He leads me in the path of righteousness for His names sake. You see if I don’t listen the path is much different and filled with peril.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death - as a believer deaths shadow seeks us. It’s the enemy who comes to seek and devour our life in Christ. He seeks to still our joy. Lord I will fear no evil. No weapon that comes against me when I’m living for you will win. But I have to be in His word, walking and talking and living in Him. You are with me Lord, your rod and staff comfort me. Your build a hedge around your creation. Providence, Lord. Guiding me and keeping me.

You prepare a table before me in front of my enemies. Lord, they see me and Think I’m a fool. One that trusts in the wrong thing but God you prepare a table where I have Hope and Joy. Where my enemies don’t understand this table set before me. You anoint my head with providence. You guide me in the way I should go. My cup runs over with the knowledge and heart understanding of how you bless me and keep me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. I get so caught up in the worlds troubles but Lord if I’m listening it’s right before me and behind me. The fact that Lord your mercy follows me knowing I’m going to need it. I’m going to need you. Salt and pepper Lord, salt and pepper. And Lord I will dwell in the house of The Lord forever. This is my heart cry. To dwell with you - providence.

Today, right now Lord I need providence. In the big and small decisions. Father I need you. I need to walk through the shadows of death. The depth of sorrow. To see you are taking care of me. Selah - Think on these things!

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

He Leadeth Me
He leadeth me: O blessed thought!
O words with heavenly comfort fraught!
Whate'er I do, where'er I be,
still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.

He leadeth me, he leadeth me;
by his own hand he leadeth me:
his faithful follower I would be,
for by his hand he leadeth me.

Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom,
sometimes where Eden's flowers bloom,
by waters calm, o'er troubled sea,
still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.

He leadeth me, he leadeth me;
by his own hand he leadeth me:
his faithful follower I would be,
for by his hand he leadeth me.

Lord, I would clasp thy hand in mine,
nor ever murmur nor repine;
content, whatever lot I see,
since 'tis my God that leadeth me.

He leadeth me, he leadeth me;
by his own hand he leadeth me:
his faithful follower I would be,
for by his hand he leadeth me.

And when my task on earth is done,
when, by thy grace, the victory's won,
e'en death's cold wave I will not flee,
since God through Jordan leadeth me.

He leadeth me, he leadeth me;
by his own hand he leadeth me:
his faithful follower I would be,
for by his hand he leadeth me.

Be led today. Listen to the still small voice the says let me by divine providence lead you!

No comments:

Post a Comment