Sunday, July 29, 2018

Broken Hearted

My heart is broken today. It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. It should’ve been a beautiful thing filled with blessings and good memories. It should have been tears of joy. Instead it’s broken hearts, and brokenness and finding your way to the only one I know that can heal brokenness.

We can’t go back and change this. Just as a child I can’t change what happened to me, I can only seek healing and peace in the midst of this all. I can pray, yes prayer .. seeking God’s face and looking to him.

So many do not see value in their life. I’m guilty of this. I see so much pain and sorrow and I get sidetracked with the pain that seeks to keep me in this place. We live daily with this brokenness.

Your word says you heal the broken hearted. You bind up their wounds. Lord today I’m broken hearted and Lord the wounds are deep. My heart hurts. My head hurts. I’m on the verge of losing it.

I can’t change this though. I can only breathe and trust you to move me forward and to find your peace when I can’t be at peace. Lord I need you. I need you every hour. I need your healing waters to flood my soul. To keep me from being thrown about.

Yes though I walk through the shadow of death... your the one who walks with me. Keeping me. Drawing me to you. Reminding me of you. Of your gentleness and peace. Of your heart. Of the scriptures I know. Of your word memorized.

Lord - I want to be in your arms. I want your peace. Lord I need your comfort in this storm. Help me to rely on you. Remind me of your gentleness and of the Hope that lies within me because I believe.

Oh Lord You’re Beautiful
By Keith Green
Oh Lord, you're beautiful,
Your face is all I see,
For when your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds to me

Oh Lord, you're beautiful,
Your face is all I see,
For when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me

I want to take your word and shine it all around
But first help me to just, live it Lord
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown
For my reward is giving glory to you

Oh Lord, please light the fire
That once burned bright and clean
Replace the lamp of my first love
That burns with holy fear

I want to take your word and shine it all around
But first help me to just, live it Lord
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown
For my reward is giving glory to you

Oh Lord, you're beautiful
Your face is all I see
For when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me

Oh Lord, you're beautiful
Your face is all I see
For when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment