Friday, July 6, 2018

Tug Of Life

I’ve been up for a bit. My heart hearing the tug of life and being pulled in so many different directions. Everyday there are so many things that need done or I think need to happen. 

I hear the soft tick of a clock. It’s comforting to know that time doesn’t stand still, although I can think of times I wish it had. With every minute, every hour, everyday .. well you get the idea. 

Yet as I sit in my chair and I think over my life, I see things I could’ve done better or been better. Shall I sit and dwell on that? NO! It’s okay to think about the coulda, shoulda, woulda’s but it’s a step forward to know you move on. 

The sun has come up, a new day is here. What do I want today? World peace? Yes. Better relationships? Yes. More time? Yes. More resources? Yes. A better life? Yes. But I want more then that. I desire a closer walk with Christ. I want to walk with Him. I want to search for Him and find him in the mundane days of life. 

 I want to be like Christ. To live and breath a walk in Him. I want to know Him so well that what comes from my mouth is not just empty words that are fluff. But I want my words to reflect who He is and who I am because of that. 

“Just A Closer Walk With Thee"

I am weak but thou art strong
Jesus, keep me from all wrong
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee

Just a closer walk with thee
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea
Daily walking close to thee
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be

When my feeble life is o'er
Time for me shall be no more
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To thy kingdom's shore, to thy shore

When life's sun sinks in the west
Lord, may I have done my best
May I find sweet peace and rest
In that happy home of the blessed

Just a closer walk with thee
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea
Daily walking close to thee

Let it be, dear Lord, let it be

No comments:

Post a Comment